RECEIVER & DECODER, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA, D9010 ASI INPUT ANALOG AND ASI OUTPUT.
KEY FEATURES: DVB-ASI INPUT, 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL VIDEO DECODING, DOLBY DIGITAL (AC-3) & MPEG AUDIO DECODING, 2 STEREO PAIR OF BALANCED AUDIO OUTPUTS, UTILITY DATA VIA RS 232, LINE 21 CLOSED CAPTION & V-CHIP SUPPORT, VBI SUPPORT IN POWER VU FROMAT, DTMF CUE TONE & CUE TRIGGER OUTPUTS FOR AD-INSERTION, FRONT PANEL LCD FOR CONTROL & MONITORING, DVB-ASI OUTPUT.
The Continuum DVP™ Decoder is designed for Headend applications requiring the recovery of a program back to analog baseband format from a compressed digital format. The DVB-ASI input allows multi program transport streams to be connected to the decoder. The decoder offers the capability to select and decode one of the programs from the incoming DVB-ASI (MPEG-2) transport stream, and output baseband video, audio, cue tones, utility data and VBI.
The Continuum DVP Decoder offers a cost- and space-efficient way to recover programs from an MPEG 2 transport stream at remote Hubs for the analog tier. Instead of receiving and decoding satellite delivered programs for the analog tier at each Hub, programs can be received at the Master Headend site and transported in MPEG-2 compressed format to the Hub locations.
Ad-insertion for the Analog Tier
The decoder offers DTMF cue tone and eight open collector cue trigger outputs for analog ad-insertion at the Hub locations.
An active DVB-ASI output offers the ability to filter out a specific program from the incoming transport stream, or pass the complete transport stream for daisy chaining multiple decoders together.
• DVB-ASI input at up to 68.5 Mbps
• 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL (B/G/I/D/M/N) video decoding
• Aspect ratio conversion (4:3, 16:9 and 14:9)
• MPEG & Dolby® Digital (AC-3) audio decoding
• Four audio outputs providing either two stereo pairs (four mono channels) of balanced audio each with the ability to use part of their output for applications such as SAP, DTMF, etc.
• Line 21 closed caption and V-chip support
• DVB VBI (WST, WSS and VPS)
• PowerVu VBI - including North American Broadcast Teletext Standard (NABTS) and World System Teletext (WST)
• DVB or Imitext™ subtitling
• DTMF cue tone & cue trigger outputs for ad-insertion
• Field upgradeable software
• Front panel LCD for control & monitoring
• SNMP for access via a network management system
• Web browser interface for easy setup, control and monitoring
• DVB-ASI output