The Cisco D9800 Network Transport Receiver is the most versatile receiver designed offering hardware configurability and over the air (OTA) licensing that allows content providers to customize the product to support the gamut of their applications.
Designed to support high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) and ultrahigh-definition (UHD) delivery over satellite and IP terrestrial content distribution networks requiring DVB-S, DVB-S2, and IP reception capabilities, it future proofs the next network expansion.
The integrated video decoder can decode an MPEG-2, advanced video coding (AVC), or HEVC video-encoded service and output the serial digital interface (SDI) or composite uncompressed video. The D9800 is capable of outputting simultaneous HD and down-converted SD.
Main Features Include:
• Four independent RF inputs with licensable independent tuner/demodulators
• 4:2:0 10-bit HEVC decoding up to UHD resolutions
• 4:2:0 AVC decoding up to 1080p60
• 4:2:0 MPEG-2 decoding up to 1080p60
• New H/W with up to 180 Mbps throughput/bandwidth
• MPEGoIP input with redundancy (1 MPTS or 1 SPTS)
• MPEGoIP output with redundancy (1 MPTS or 16 SPTS)
• Forward Error Correction (FEC) based on SMPTE 2022 for MPEGoIP input and output
• DVB-S quaternary phase shift keying (QPSK) demodulation
• Licensable DVB-S2 QPSK and eight-phase shift keying (8PSK)