The Cisco® D9824 Advanced Multi Decryption Receiver is designed for satellite content distribution applications requiring DVB-S and DVB-S2 reception capabilities with advanced digital outputs for digital tier program distribution. A built-in decoder is capable of decoding a MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC High Definition (HD) program for analog monitoring, or a Standard Definition (SD) down-conversion for composite. Decoding of an MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 AVC SD program is also available for analog. With the support of decrypting up to 32 PowerVu® encrypted programs, the D9824 receiver allows users to efficiently receive and distribute multiple programs through their network using a single receiver.
Digital Program Distribution
The ASI transport output provides a number of output modes including the capability of carrying decrypted programs for digital tier distribution. This helps ensure that compressed video programs are efficiently distributed to households equipped with digital set-top boxes.
Digital Program Mapping
The Digital Program Mapping allows programmers to “transparently” substitute programs at the uplink. It maintains predictable and compliant transport output during service replacement, Network Information Table (NIT) re-tune, and channel changes, including force tunes. This feature remaps the PID information from the primary service to an alternate service, allowing downstream devices to continue to operate without headend operator intervention. This helps ensure availability of alternate programming in the digital tier.
The Digital Program Insertion (DPI) information is available with the video and audioPIDs (Packet Identifiers) for external ad insertion in a compressed digital format.
• Four L-Band inputs
• DVB-S QPSK demodulation
• DVB-S2 QPSK/8PSK demodulation
• PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB descrambling
• Supports Basic Interoperable Scrambling System (BISS) conditional access for a single key for 32 programs
• DVB-CI support for CAM based conditional access
• 4:2:0 High Definition MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2 1080i and 720p decoding
• 4:2:0 Standard Definition MPEG-4 AVC and MPEG-2 decoding
• Aspect ratio conversion (4:3, 16:9, 14:9) with Active Format Descriptor (AFD) control for SD programs
• AFD support for down-conversion of HD programs with aspect ratio conversion
• ASI output
• Closed Captioning support for EIA-608 and EIA-708
• MPEG and DolbyTM Digital (AC-3) audio decoding
• DVB or Imitext subtitling
• Four audio outputs providing either two stereo pairs (four mono channels) of balanced audio, each with the ability to use part of their output for applications such as SAP, cue tones, etc.
• Uplink addressable decoder output control (VBI, audio routing, DPI, and ASI output)
• Fingerprint Trigger for the decoded program
• Field upgradeable software and security
• SNMP for setup, control, and monitoring
• Front panel LCD for control, and monitoring
• Web browser interface for easy setup, control, and monitoring
• DVB-VBI and SCTE-127 support
• DTMF cue tone and cue trigger outputs for ad-insertion
• Digital Program Mapping providing uplink control for service replacements in blackout areas
• Live Event Control Support
NEW CISCO D9854 Part numbers and Configurations available to include:
Final pricing is based on licensed features purchased.