PRODUCT END OF LIFE – REPLACED BY THE D9865B & D9865H
RECEIVER, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA
The PowerVu® Model D9834 Satellite Receiver is designed for satellite content distribution, and targets the business TV, private networks and SMATV environment. The receiver offers the capability to receive digitally encrypted video, audio, and VBI data. It provides a cost-effective, variable-rate solution to transition existing analog services to digital. Additional features include IP data and RS-232 utility data.
Ease of Use
The unit can be set up via the on-screen display menu, using a handheld infrared remote control, or navigation keys on the front panel of the receiver. Sixty-four (64) user-editable presets are provided for quick re-tuning to other broadcasts. The receiver also supports a Web interface and SNMP control via the Ethernet port.
This receiver is capable of receiving a DVB/MPEG compliant free-to-air broadcast.
Secured Broadcast Reception Supporting the PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB de-scrambling, this receiver can be used to receive secured corporate communication of video, audio and/or data broadcast. It can also be used for secured delivery of TV programming to hotels, MDUs, homes & commercial establishments such as restaurants, stores, etc.
Data outputs can be used for distribution of documents, price lists, and video files, etc. Utility data (RS-232) can be used for smaller file transfer at a slower speed. DVB MPE IP data via a 10/100BaseT interface allows for connection to a local area network for larger file transfer and/or communication with multiple network clients.
• Variable QPSK symbol rates from 1 to 45 Msymbols/s
• PowerVu conditional access with DES & DVB de-scrambling
• 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL (B/G/I/D/M/N) video decoding
• MPEG & Dolby® Digital (AC-3) audio decoding
• DVB Subtitling
• Imitext™ Subtitling
• PowerVu VBI (including NABTS, WST)
• DVB VBI (WST, WSS, VPS)
• One unbalanced stereo pair of audio outputs
• Line 21 closed caption and V-chip support
• Fingerprint Trigger
• Service Replacement
• RS-232 Asynchronous data
• IP data at rates up to 10 Mbps
• Field upgradeable software and security
• Front panel 4-digit LED for channel display
• On-screen display menu for setup and status
• 64 user-editable preset configurations
• Lock levels for restricted access to configuration
• Web browser interface
• SNMP control