AQT8-QAM/IP transcoder allows the user to create a line up from off-air and/or cable feeds for coax or IP distribution. The unit simultaneously transcodes eight (8) QAM/8VSB input channels to (8) QAM and (8) IP transport streams. The pass thru QAM outputs contain all programs (major and minor channels) residing in their respective input channel sources and maintains the following MPEG-2 tables: PAT; PMT; PSIP; VCT; EIT and ETT.
The customizable IP output contains up to 20 programs with a combination of SPTS and/or MPTS across eight (8) IP addresses. MPEG-2 tables associated with each of the selected input programs (PAT, PMT, PSIP, VCT and MGT) are transferred to the IP outputs. This means the virtual channel numbers and program names on the IP outputs can be the same as their RF program input sources and the QAM output. Additionally, the AQT8 (IP outputs only) gives the user the ability to change the PID, Program #, Short Name, Major Ch., and Minor Ch. information to provide a customized IP delivery solution.
The AQT8-QAM/IP features Emergency Alert System (EAS) program switching through either an ASI or IP format EAS input and terminal block contacts for triggering. EAS messaging is available on the IP output only, QAM output channels are not interrupted.
Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100BaseT Ethernet connection.
• Accepts up to eight 8VSB or QAM channel inputs
• Provides a combination of eight SPTS or MPTS via one GigE RJ45 port (20 programs total)
• Maps QAM/8VSB input programs directly to QAM output channels
• Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
• Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608 and EIA-708 when embedded in RF input(s)
• Accepts EAS input in ASI or IP formats (EAS interrupts IP delivered programs only)
• Provides in-service monitoring of selected input/output ports via RF Test connector and ASI output
PVC-coated Products; PVC-coated Wires and Cables
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP and/or DEHP, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov or our information page: California Proposition 65.