Harmonic’s DiviCom Electra® 8000 is the world’s first single rack-unit (1-RU) encoder with multi-resolution, multi-standard, multi-service and multi-channel capabilities. The high performance Electra 8000 significantly
enhances bandwidth efficiency and provides up to four standard definition (SD) or high definition (HD) channels of superior quality constant bit-rate (CBR) or variable bit-rate (VBR) video using either MPEG-2 or AVC1 encoding. Its groundbreaking architecture and unrivalled feature set eases operational requirements of density and power efficiency, and facilitates the launch of new value-added video services.
Leveraging Harmonic’s expertise and market leadership, the Electra 8000 is the first truly converged high quality distribution encoder on the market, and the most advanced encoding platform for Cable, Satellite, IPTV or Terrestrial applications available today.
Leapfrogging current best-in-class MPEG-2 and AVC compression platforms, the Electra 8000 enables deployment of new services such as HD, and increases ROI on existing bandwidth. The flexible hardware platform can easily be reconfigured with a firmware upgrade, for new applications such as migrating from SD to HD AVC.
• Multi-codec support: capable of MPEG-2 or AVC encoding of SD or HD video
• High quality ultra-low bit-rate encoding with Hierarchical LookAhead™ and pre-processing
• Supports all SD and HD formats (hardware capable up to 1080p 50/60)
• Up to 4 channels per chassis (1RU)
• High quality integrated decoding with FLEX™ technology option
• Capable of multiple output streams per input channel for applications such as PiP, SDV or HD time-shifting
• Built-in broadcast quality Up/Down-converter
• Integrated statmux with DiviTrackMX™
• Statmux over IP in LAN and WAN environments with DiviTrackIP™
PVC-coated Products; PVC-coated Wires and Cables
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP and/or DEHP, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov or our information page: California Proposition 65.