The EN8040 is the world's most integrated DSNG solution providing ultimate flexibility with multi-codec support, a built-in DVB-S2 satellite modulator and numerous feature-enhancing options.
The EN8040 provides a multi-format encoding platform combined with an advanced satellite modulator. This provides the ultimate picture quality at the lowest bit-rates and transponder bandwidth and with new improved low latency modes.
For flexibility, the EN8040 can offer MPEG-2 SD, MPEG-4 AVC SD and MPEG-4 AVC HD video encoding in the same box. The MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC encoders can be used simultaneously and support low latency modes for delay-critical applications. BISS, RAS and DVB-S2 QPSK/8PSK/16APSK are simple license key enabled options. Additional hardware options include a COFDM modulator, a dual Gigabit Ethernet card with SMPTE 2022 support and an Advanced Audio Option card. A new remux card has been introduced accepting up to three external SCPC or MCPC transport streams. Most customers can upgrade their existing DSNG equipment (either E574x or E578x products) to the EN8040.
The key to efficient News Gathering
- Provides all the main features of the E5740
- Adds MPEG-4 AVC HD / SD encoding
- Retains MPEG-2 SD for compatibility
- Choice of low latency modes
- DVB-S2 capable L-band or IF satellite modulator
- Optional IP streaming output or COFDM modulator
- Optional integrated multiplexer (REMUX) card
- RAS / BISS scrambling
- Multiple audio options including Dolby®E pass-through
Combines MPEG-4 AVC and DVB-S2 to achieve substantial savings
- Customers have successfully deployed EN8040 to cut transponder bandwidths in half
- Successful high-quality SD news gathering using 3 MHz transponder bandwidth or less
- Significant operational cost reductions whilst retaining video quality
- Easy migration path to HD with equally impressive cost-savings compared with MPEG-2
PVC-coated Products; PVC-coated Wires and Cables
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP and/or DEHP, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov or our information page: California Proposition 65.