HDE-8C-QAM (MPEG-2 HD Encoder – 8xComponent/8xComposite – 4xQAM) accepts up to eight (8) analog programs from any of the following inputs: 8xComponent and 8xComposite. The encoder is equipped with a spare input (9th input) to replace any one (1) of the primary eight (8) inputs in the event of a failure.
The encoder digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes each input into a high-definition stream, multiplexes the resulting eight (8) program streams, and then modulates them onto four (4) adjacent QAM channels in the 54-1002 MHz range (CATV 2-158). Any one (1) of the four (4) QAM output streams is also available in ASI format.
The encoder supports Dolby® Digital audio encoding, and Closed Captioning (EIA-608). It is also equipped with an Emergency Alert System (EAS) interface. A front-panel RF test point allows for monitoring/testing of the QAM output without service interruption.
Comprehensive remote monitoring and control is accomplished using any standard Web browser via a rear-panel 10/100Base-T Ethernet connection.
• Accepts up to 8 programs from any of the following inputs: 8xComponent and 8xComposite
• Supports additional 1 spare input to replace the failed input
• Digitizes, MPEG-2 encodes, and multiplexes up to 8 inputs into 4 QAM output channels (2 programs per QAM channel)
• Provides any 1 of the 4 QAM output streams in ASI format
• Compatible with ITU Annex A and B digital QAM formats
• Provides comprehensive GUI-based monitoring and control via standard Web browsers
• Provides a front-panel RF test point (at 20dB below primary QAM output)
• Equipped with EAS interface (Analog Video + L/R Audio)
• Supports Real-time Dolby® Digital audio encoding
• Supports Closed Captioning EIA-608
• Supports user-defined PSIP configuration