The 2178-S offers the ultimate protection for fiber optic splices. The 2178-S splice case is constructed of a more chemically resistant material making it ideal for buried applications as well as underground, aerial and pedestal applications.
The 2178 features a rigid non-filled case which has been rigorously tested to prove its integrity under the most severe conditions of moisture, vibration and impact, cable stress and flexing, and temperature extremes. Installation of either splice case is very easy and requires no special tools or complicated training procedures. Both cases are re-enterable to allow easy access to the enclosed splices.
The 2178-S fiber optic splice case can be used with the 3M™ 2523 Small Fiber Splice Organizer Tray, 3M™ 2523 Large Fiber Splice Organizer Tray and the 3M™ Fibrlok™ 2524 series of organizer trays.
3M™ 2178-S Fiber Optic Splice Case
· Multiple cable entry options - Butt or in-line configuration for splicing
· No special tools required - Easy installation and reentry
· Non-filled closure - No compound required; easier reentry
· Multiple ground studs - Isolated grounding capability
· Pressurization Valve - Provides ability to flash text
· Varying cable port sizes - Accommodates all common trunk and feeder cable sizes
2178-S Fiber Optic Splice Case
· Constructed of a highly chemically resistant material - Use in buried applications
· Unique strength member clamp assembly - Prevents cable sheath movement with temperature changes
· Low profile - Accommodates lower fiber counts; uses less space
3M™ 2522 and 2553 Fiber Optic Splice Organizer Trays
· Meets Bellcore requirement for bend diameter - Easy maintenance
· Trays allow entry and exit of buffer tubing at any of the four corners - Provides flexibility in fiber management
· Extra tray depth - Ribbon fiber may be coiled without twisting
· Modular design of the splice holder - Accommodates many types of splices
· Stackable hinged tray - Easy access without removing other trays
3M™ Fibrlok™ 2524 Fiber Optic Splice Organizer Tray
· Single entry point - Controls fiber management
· Hinged trays snap together - Stackable; individual tray access
· Flame retardant/isopropyl alcohol resistant - Meets fire codes and industry standards
· 4" (10.16 cm) bend diameter - Individual fiber access; allows easy maintenance
PVC-coated Products; PVC-coated Wires and Cables
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including DINP and/or DEHP, which are known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov or our information page: California Proposition 65.